Need a place to sit and chill?
Maybe power up your tech between sessions?
Or, maybe a place to connect with new colleagues outside of a session?
Drop by the Networking Uncommons, located in the convention center, and make the connections you need. You'll have plenty of space for several different discussions, lunch groups or creative relaxation within the Networking Uncommons. The space is open during most of the conference and will have several different networking opportunities rotating throughout the conference!
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday: and Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sign up for a time slot if you want to plan ahead - otherwise, just show up. During open times, the area is up for grabs, although it's big enough that multiple groups can use it at once, even when someone has scheduled something. Or just look at the topics each day to see what interests you.
Sign up for a time slot (http://signup.com/go/yMNAuUo)
The only thing we ask is that you not book more than one hour per day so that everyone has a chance to use the space.
Ways You Can Use This Space
- Have a seat on your own for a few minutes to power down.
- Power up your tech.
- Continue your group’s discussion after your official meeting.
- Offer a short, impromptu talk about a topic (just advertise it on Twitter, etc., and show up).
- Summarize your meeting and use our webcam to stream it live or record it for posting - it’s totally up to you.
- Have a hot topic everyone’s buzzing about at Midwinter but there’s no formal meeting to discuss it? You’ve found your space – just pick a time and tell everyone.
- Whatever else you can think of!
Vendors, to run activities or small meetings, please use your booth on the exhibit floor, the Customer Connect Lounge near the Exhibits Office, or contact ALA Conference Services to discuss getting space. (Selling, marketing, and distributing commercial or non-ALA marketing materials aren't allowed in the Uncommons.)
*Note: We're unable to provide desktop computers or laptops in this space.